Effective, Evidence-Based Treatment
DBT New Orleans in Louisiana is the city’s oldest comprehensive Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program for adolescents and adults with emotional dysregulation, borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder and related issues. Our team of dedicated professionals has extensive clinical experience and each member has received specialized DBT training.
DBT: Is It for You?
These questions are a partial assessment that may indicate you could profit from DBT treatment.
- Do you find that you are more emotional than others?
- Are you depressed?
- Do you have a high degree of emotional sensitivity?
- When someone else is upset, do you often feel upset too?
- Is it difficult for you to calm down?
- Does it take you a long time to get over strong emotions?
- Have you ever wished you could eliminate your feelings?
- Do your feelings lead you to negative outcomes?
- When your emotions are strong, do you feel you can’t bear them?
- Are there times when you avoid people or situations that might trigger strong emotions?
- Is there a sense of urgency to solve your problems?
- Do people think of you as impulsive?
- Are you likely to do something without thinking it through?
- Do you sometimes dread the future?
Indications That You Might Need DBT
- Emotional Arousal
- High Emotional Sensitivity
- Slow Reduction in Emotional Tension
- Distrust of Emotions
- Escape From and Avoidance of Emotions
- A Sense of Urgency